Most Important Gun Safety Rules
- All guns are always loaded!
- Never aim or point the barrel of any firearm at anything you are not willing to destroy.
- Keep your finger off of the trigger until your sights are on the correct target.
- Be sure of your target and what is behind it.
Safe Home Checklist
- Firearms kept for security reasons are fully controlled at all times.
- Firearms are securely stored in a location inaccessible to children and other unauthorized persons.
- Sporting firearms are immediately cleaned and placed in secure storage when they are returned from hunting or target shooting.
- When firearms are removed from storage, they are always carefully checked to confirm that they are unloaded.
- Ammunition is stored under lock and key, separately from firearms.
- The owner’s manual that came with the firearm must be read and understood.